There’s nothing better than a bowl of chili on a cold winter day!
This is an easy recipe that can be made in advance or frozen. It is delicious and warming. It is yummy with either beef or turkey.
I was given this recipe by my friend Ian, who is a huge fan of his Instant Pot. He swears he will make me an IP fan, and with this recipe he is off to a good start!
- 1 ¼ lb medium ground beef
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 to 2 Jalapeno, diced (i like 2)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, chopped small
- 26 oz can chopped tomatoes or 3 cups fresh
- 19 oz can of Red Kidney Beans (or more)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cumin
- For serving (optional)
- sour cream
- Diced onions
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced jalapenos
Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot, and add the ground beef to the pot and cook until brown.
Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, then cover and lock the lid. Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button on the Instant Pot, then press the “Meat/Stew” button to begin the pressure cooking. It will automatically be set for 35 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
Once the chili is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 mins then use the quick release.
Remove lid and add warm Kidney Beans (run under hot water tap) to chili, stir and serve with variety of toppings